Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Found a Camera

A taste of summer! We had a few days of hot weather and had to splash around in the yard.

New tricks.

We're looking for a grunge band for Adessa to join, to go with the bed-head and attitude.


When I think of how sweet and adorable and amazing Adessa is these days, I feel disloyal to how sweet and adorable and amazing she's been all along. I have thought each stage and tiny change in her development has been a marvel, I have loved her the most every day, since the beginning! It seems unbelievable that she will just continute to get more fun. (Until the terrible twos and threes, I guess, then the fun will level out for a while, her amazingness will plateau... and possibly even decline.) But just now, these days, she's a wonder.

She can push herself up to sitting, which she does whenever possible, especially at bed time. She likes to shove or drop her pacifier down the crack between the bed and the wall and then look for it. This is a fun game good for hours of delight (and lighting fast crawling and shoving to try to get the pacifier down the crack before mom or dad pull her away,) again, most magical at bed time. Her crawl has not progressed beyond a graceful, lizardlike slither on elbows, belly, and thighs, but she gets to her destinations. She has started pulling herself up on everything she can, stands propped on coffeetables, toys, knees, etc. for longer and longer periods, moved from couch to coffee table, and has even stood by herself for a few seconds at a time.

The most fun, I think, is her ability to interact. She gives kisses, sweet and slobbery because she hasn't got the timing part down, yet. She'll lean in with lips puckered and makes the appropriate "Mmmaaa" sound, but by the time we get to her lips, her mouth is open. She giggles easily, dances to music, meets our eyes with surprise or wonder when she sees or hears a dog or cat or duck. She still barks a lot, for every animal now. She'll try other sounds to make the "quack" or "neigh", but all animals bring her back to a bark. She says "Mama" and "Dada" with precision, sometimes. (I sound like the milestone check off list- I could skip the detail and just write that she's doing everything a ten-month old should be doing. The detail is for me, though.) She's more interested in books (thank goodness, I was getting worried) and will point to pictures and turn to look up at me when I make an animal noise or a different voice. All around wonderful!

No comments: