Saturday, August 9, 2008

Summer Fun

Sharing a banana with Sadie.

Adessa's first pig-tails!

Posing with cousins in front of Mt. Hermon's waterfall.

Creek walking fun.

Like all teachers, as soon as the first day of August arrives, I start mourning the end of summer. School starts early this year, which makes it seem worse. I've really loved (as always) my summer, but especially with Adessa. It's been great to do things on her schedule and be a stay at home mom. I'm only working part time, again this year, which is great. Calvin will be able to do part of her childcare starting in October as his schedule changes and he moves out of the office and back onto the road, which is also great.

Adessa has had quite the parade of friends and family around this summer.  This week, her cousins from Riverside have been staying in Mt. Hermon, and they adore Adessa.  She adores them, too, but sometimes gets overwhelmed with their attentions.  She is trying to talk, still lots of mumbo-jumbo, that I respond to in Spanish, and more words: shoe, bubble, tree, cheese, more, wa-wa (for water), bah (for bath). 

1 comment:

Arin Rollins said...

Love those little blond pig-tails!!! She is such a cutie!