Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Imagine my suprise...

...to wake up to this!


Adessa's hair is significantly sprouting, and we have the bed-head to prove it. She is so fun! She's starting to really immitate and respond to us. It's darling. If I say: "Eat your chicken," she says: "Bock-bock-bock". When I point to her scrapes and bruises, she says: "Owie". If I say "Did you make a poopie?" she says: "Uhhhgrrr" and grunts! It's so fun. I recently watched her take her (lense-less, plastic) Mr. Potato Head glasses and hold them up to her mouth to breathe on them, the way I clean my sunglasses. Funny girl! She tries to be helpful, and loves sorting laundry (unfolding it and dragging it all over the house), wiping things down (she has her own sponge) and being in my arms for all parts of food preparation (arrgg!). I keep catching myself getting frustrated by simple tasks that are normally no problem for me, and wondering, "Why is this so hard to do right now?" Then comes the light-bulb: "Oh that's right, I'm holding Adessa and only have the use of one hand, and she keeps leaning into my view to see things better. Now it all makes sense."

1 comment:

Arin Rollins said...

So cute! I love the hair! She is really growing up! It is so much fun to watch all their new tricks and discoveries!