Friday, October 3, 2008

I'm getting into this blog stuff! (Part 1)

Just a few to share with you: http:/www.cakewrecks.blogspot.com I don't know how to do links, but type it in and go there! Everyone! I was laughing until crying, chortling to myself trying not to wake up napping Adessa the other day. The woman finds pictures of real, professional cakes with hilarious spelling errors or unintended outcomes, then writes super funny descriptions and explanations of why she considers it a "wreck." I also enjoy: http:/fakeinterviewswithrealcelebrities.blogspot.com, something about the lady just makes me laugh. There's a lot of time to be spent blog-watching, I'm finally catching on.

Getting into blogs means: the house is a mess, chores are left undone, I spend hours listless and still, I have difficulty sleeping, I'm not eating well, I feel nauseous often etc. Actually, that could also be because... drum roll please... I'm pregnant.

I guess this is going to be kind of a big blog, really. Comparatively to other blogs. Maybe I'll do a few parts, so as to give readers a break. Yep, 9 weeks or so pregnant, due May 11th. The baby and Adessa will be about 23 months apart (EXACTLY), Adessa's b-day is June 12th. Crazy! I had my first ultrasound to look at the tiny peanut's heartbeat, and it was going strong, praise God! (That's a good sign, means everything should statistically go well.) I have felt much sicker this time gestating than I did with Adessa, which I think is not just in my head. With Adessa, I felt like: "Oh wow, I feel terrible: how wonderful! I'm pregnant." Now I'm just thinking: "Oh wow, I feel terrible." Not that I'm not so excited about the second kiddo, no way, it is different though to have already been through it.

Adessa is doing well. I'm realizing that while I always love her, there are some points in our day when I don't really feel the mama-love so intensely. I think this is normal, and am trying to process it as so. I still kiss her a bunch because she's really soft, and I'm sure she can't tell that I'm not feeling so enamored of her. It's the back arching screaming thing I'm not so wild about, or the whining and crying that has urgency but no resolution because I can't figure out what she wants. Again, I think it's normal. And I think partly it's because I'm pregnant. Patience is minimal. Before, I could put her needs first and make sure she was absolutely and completely taken care of, but I'm less interested in doing that when I'm feeling nauseous and tired. Hmmmm.

On the other hand, she continues to have her sweet and darling moments and there are days where I am loopy with love for her. The other morning I was breast-feeding her in bed, and she was barely awake but said: "Thank you." before rolling over and going back to sleep. Yesterday, I gave her the top half of a banana and set about washing the dishes. A few minutes later she was sitting near my feet playing with a doll and the banana was nowhere to be found. I asked her several times where the banana was, she's normally pretty good at "where" questions, but to no avail. I picked her up to find the banana squished under her buns, she sat on it! This is sort of funny on it's own, but the background story is Adessa's fascination with sitting on things. She is experiencing her world right now by, yes, sitting on it. She carefully arranges her doll, pillow, activity center, puzzle, the bathroom scale, a piece of paper,mini-piano, whatever, and then slowly backs up to it with her rear end lowered, leading to her target, and sits. If she isn't exactly centered, she starts all over again to make a better sitting attempt. Quite funny. Apparently she got squared away on the banana the first time.

2 comments:

Arin Rollins said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We are so excited for you! Having two is so much fun! Especially now when they can play together! Hope you start feeling better soon... doesn't sound fun. Get those maternity clothes out because the bump comes a lot sooner the second time :o). Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone

Very new to this..... and just want to say hello to everyone!!! Would love to hear from you all......re your experiences of forums, interests I like gardening, reading and chilling out with friends

so how is everyone doing? Dennis from [url=http://www.myonlinepayday.com]My Online Payday[/url] website!