Monday, December 15, 2008

18 Months Old!

That would be Miss Adessa, one and 1/2 years old. It was on Friday, December 12th, and... what a nice day I had with her. She's had a miserable cold, and shared it with Calvin and I, and she has been miserable, it seems like for a few weeks.  She wouldn't play on her own like she normally does, and would follow me around asking to be held ALL THE TIME and crying about everything and throwing fits.  The crying and throwing fits sound like normal toddler behavior to me, and I was just kind of getting used to it and feeling like I'd figured out how to ride them out, when... Friday, she got better!  She felt better a few days before that, played and had more energy, and then on Friday we had smiles and playfulness and laughter and cheerfulness!  Amazing! It was so nice to enjoy her, to enjoy being with her and to see her cute personality again. Sheee's back! (Hopefully). Since Friday we've had some tantrums, but overall she's agreeable and nice to be around. 
We have some quickening happening in my belly to report, also!  For about a week I've been feeling the tiny kung-pow of Baby #2.  He/she seems to be active, as I feel him/her frequently, and as the last time I went in to hear the heartbeat, we could also hear the chop chop of movements in my womb.  Pretty exciting! 

Enduring a visit on St. Nicholas's lap.



This was the face she made even before she figured out I would let her eat candy off of her Gingerbread House. She loves it and visits it often in her laps around our house. Sadly, she was unable to help me make it because I put her down for a late nap after a GIANT fit when I cut off her candy intake during the making of the houses. Maybe next year!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello, I have just stumbled upon your blog when i googled my daughter's name b/c someone told me that they had seen someone else with the name Adessa ( I think it was on tmz.com or something..) anwyays I can't believe someone else out there has that name can I ask how you found that name??? We thought we made it up...lol I guess we were wrong..

Anonymous said...

ok I just read how you came up with that name...I am actualy shocked that there is another little girl out there with the same name. We actually heard the name Odesa, but I wasnt a fan of it so my sister suggested Adesa, and we I loved it so we tweaked it to become Adessa...

Keidi said...

Adessa mom- We thought we made it up, too! And it sooo beautiful. We're having another girl and are having the hardest time figuring out another name that will "match" it. I looked on facebook, though, and there are 7 or 8 Adessa's! I was so surprised. But my name is unusual and there are several Keidis (my nickname) and even my real name, Akeidas. I don't know how to write you back besides this, on the comments, and don't know if you'll get them, but... How old is your daughter? 8)

Anonymous said...

My Adessa (lol) is 3 and a half..but I just thought I would check back on this site to see if maybe you had responded or thought I was a total nut...lol but honestly I am still in disbelief that other girls have that name..but I still see no mention of it on name site or anything. It will definetly be hard to think of a second name, she is our only child (for now) so we havent had to think of new names..by the way how do you pronounce it? We say Adaza...if that makes senses..

Anonymous said...

I just found something on a baby name site:

Odessa

Adessa is a variation of Odessa

ORIGIN
Greek

MEANING
Long voyage

A Ukrainian port city whose name, bestowed by Catherine the Great, hails from Homer's epic poem "The Odyssey"; it's also the name of a town in Texas. She's pretty and ultra-feminine -- but spirited and strong, too.

VARIATIONS
Odess Odell

ALTERNATIVES
Odyssia Adeshia Odessia Odyssa Odissa Adesha Adessa

I guess now I can joke that Adessa got her name b/c of the long labour I had to endure...lol but I thought I would share that with you

Keidi said...

Hi Adessa's mom! How interesting! Thanks for the background. I did know about Odessa (Ukraine and Texas) and people call Adessa that all the time. We say it so it rhymes with Vanessa, your way sounds much more like "Hedassah" where we "got it" from. 8) How come I can't go to your blog? I think I should make mine private or whatever, but then you wouldn't have found us. 8) my email is: akeidab@hotmail.com