Friday, January 16, 2009

Time for more pictures!

And... it's a girl! Baby #2, night-kicker, daytime-thumper, belly-stretcher, heartburn-contributer... is a girl. 8) The hunt for a name begins, and after "Adessa" and the instant yes-ness of the name, we're having more trouble with a second girl's name. We're trying out A names, with three syllables to go with Adessa, and trying out fancy unique names, and trying out saints names and biblical ones, maybe to tweak like we did with Adessa. We'll keep you posted and alert all when we land on the right one. Meanwhile, my belly grows and here's Adessa:

"Hold you!? Hold you!?" is both how she asks to be held and how she asked to hold baby Alex. He seemed more pleased with the arrangement than she, in the end.

Daddy and Adessa checking out what's cooking on the stove.

Admiring herself with glasses on. It's become difficult to get a picture of Adessa smiling. I'll work on it for blogland, and for posterity, but she'll say "smile!" when she sees a camera without smiling at all.

At the beach. (Kind of obvious, I guess. I think those may be Jesus's footprints)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about Barbara...it means "beautiful stranger" and your kid will be the only one for a thousand miles with that name!

Keidi said...

or what about "Arbara"- it's 3 syllables and starts with A, and it's very unique. 8) Love you, Barb!

Sarah Burkett said...

I am so excited for you - another girl...how fun!

How 'bout "arahsay " - that's Sarah in pig latin :)

Arin Rollins said...

Congrats!! Another girl! That will be so much fun! I'll keep my ears open for cool "A" names!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Keidi, sorry I didn't recognize you today. Wonderful to see you and meet Adessa. I LOVE your smiles...you rock my world!

Barbara (Arbara?)