Sunday, April 5, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt #1

In what might prove to be the first of many Easter Egg hunts this season, we went Saturday to a very sweet local Rec center egg hunt. Our mama's group came, and my mama came with "the boys" (Elijah and Jaden) and we hunted and picniced and had a great time. It was a lovely community feeling (I saw several people I went to high school with and their kids) and a lovely day.

For Adessa, however, the day was less about hunting eggs than, err... stalking bunnies. One bunny in particular. There was a fund-raising bunny who would sit as close to your kid as they would allow him and take a picture for a small donation. Adessa loved this bunny. She wanted to be right next to him pretty much the whole time. I spent less time with the mommy group and more time getting to know Jeff, the very kind, very patient and tolerant, very hot inside his suit, soon-to-be-dad, husband-of-someone-I-went-to-school-with, giant Easter bunny. Adessa doesn't know about Easter bunnies, but she knows about bunnies, and she just wanted to be near him. We did hunt for eggs, but I got lots of questions when we were out of sight: "Where bunny go?" She held his hand, sat on his lap, danced with him, hugged him many times, played peek-a-boo, and mostly just followed him around, happy to be in the presence of the bunny. Basking in the bunny-glow. 8) It was noticeable to all, people kept coming up to me and saying, "Wow, your daughter really likes that bunny, huh?" Yeah. We finally paid the $5 for a formal picture, which will be sent later, and we definitely got our money's worth. Pretty fun!

Mom and Elijah and Jayden, and Kim and Gwen and Adessa, spotting the bunny for the first time.


Hunting for eggs in the kiddo area.


Bunny Bliss.


Bunny Love!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing that she loved the bunny! I am still terrified by that bunny suit, thanks to Danny Darko. Glad she´s taking to her cast like a champ. I got a chuckle over the 10 second rule applying to casts... too bad that the doctors didn´t agree... !!

Barb

Arin Rollins said...

That is the cutest story! Most kids would be scared of the bunny! Way to go Adessa!