Sunday, February 7, 2010

Three Quarters

Grandma and Calvin share a birthday, and it was Eliana's 3/4ths Day.


Eliana is nine months old, and I've missed a bunch in blogging due to general lunacy. On the same day that Eliana became 3/4 of a year, Calvin became 3/4ths of 50.7. Yeah, figure that one out. Horrific math problems aside, we are well.

Hey, wait! Actually, I'm exhausted, but it's all my own fault. I somehow have not yet given up the idea that I can get something done. I keep trying to accomplish tasks, see people, and go places. Not even like I used to before kids, just somethings, sometimes. And it's still too much. It stresses all of us out. I used to think (like last week) that I could plan well, have everybody nap on schedule and for just the right amount of time, and then still DO lots of things. Apparently, after much anguish and soul searching, and attempt after attempt to prove myself wrong, I cannot. I like to blame the non-nappers, but it's all part of what I cannot control, and therefore I have to stop expecting that I can, which is where the internal distress happens for me. I can't push it/them, it just doesn't ever work out very well, and I don't like myself when I'm in the mode of prolonged trying: trying to get somewhere on time, trying to get to just one more store, trying to stay just five minutes longer, etc.


Okay, they're sweet.


Adessa stomping in the ample rain puddles. She's even figured out that mud is just as fun when the puddles dry up.


Snuggly and warm in Daddy's fleece.


Eliana's all over the place, she keeps popping up in new nooks and crannies.




In the span of a week she started: crawling, pulling herself up onto furniture, drinking from a sippy cup, saying "Mama", clapping her hands, got her first bed-head, and this week she is waving and saying "Haaaaa" for hi. Blast-off age, here she goes!

I kept trying to get a picture of the side of Eliana's head, to showcase the sweet potato she'd massaged into it. But every time I put the camera up, she turned to smile or bestow one of these amusing expressions.






All cleaned up!


Gwennie came over to play, and the toy-tubs became boats.






Eliana wanted in on the tub-action.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

there are some days where I want so badly to get just one thing done. those are the days I end up being a mean mommy, b/c I WANT/NEED something. AH! I'm slowly learning to attempt to give up myself.

Sarah Burkett said...

I'm right there with Lauren. I don't like being a grouchy Mom but sometimes things do need to get done. I have learned to give the kids quiet time in their room, even if they can't sleep. Also, my dvd player is very good friends with me! I don't feel bad putting on a video to get something accomplished. Just take deep breaths Keidi...this too will pass. And remember...You are an amazing mother!

Anonymous said...

Oh Boy! More Baby pictures!

mamalion said...

Oh good gravy. We are so going to have our hands full with these girls. Do you see the looks on those faces?
Eliana is absolutely adorable, too.

And the kissy face pictures? Oh my!