Monday, March 1, 2010

Help My Hands!

Do any other moms get this? My hands are in serious crisis. Since Eliana was born almost ten months ago, they've been in some degree of dry, itchy, sandpaper-like, scaly, rashy ouchiness. It's from washing them too much, I know. I use Cetaphil mild hand soap, and try to moisturize whenever I get a minute. I've also been wearing lanolin in white gloves at night, it just seems like my hands are always wet. Diapers, noses, potty training, cleaning, cooking, I'm just always washing them. Do they have spa getaways for hands? My hands need one. If you've any tips, I'm willing to hear them. One consolation is, I don't think I'd look like royalty if we were to have another French Revolution, they're beat up enough I think I'd avoid the guillotine.


3 comments:

Sarah Burkett said...

So sorry you are dealing with this Keidi :( We have a friend that uses the disposable plastic gloves for a lot of things such as changing diapers, washing dishes, etc. This eliminates access hand washing which can tend to dry you out. Good luck Keidi!!! PS...I'm coming down March 10-14 - let's try and get together?!?!?

Ash said...

Mane and Tail's Hoofmaker Hand Therapy. It's seriously amazing stuff, and completely non-greasy. :D

Lauren said...

i get the same thing. I need to use dish gloves for dish washing more often. I'll be watching for remedies.