Saturday, July 3, 2010

Summer Fun

This really feels like a vacation... 8). Between being off of work, and having Calvin's days off, we are really reveling in the joy of being together. He's switched schedules, so starting soon he'll have weekends off. That means when the school year starts, we'll be using babysitters more while we both work, but then have lots of family time ALL TOGETHER when we're off. I'm excited about that.

The girls are doing great. I'm loving hanging out with them tremendously. The remodel has started, so we shuttle between our house and Calvin's parents' for naps and showers. Eventually we'll be using their kitchen while ours is worked on. Overall, the remodel is going great, not too big of an imposition so far, except perhaps our imposition on the grandparents.

Eliana is at such a fun age. I see why lots of people get pregnant when their youngest are this age, it's very sweet and enchanting. Eliana's latest cute thing is to rub her head no matter where she hurts herself. She does bonk her head frequently, and we all rush to rub rub rub it. She now rubs her head herself, even if she falls onto her bottom, or bonks her foot. Cute. Adessa's latest cute thing is making up songs and dancing to them. Her words don't always make sense, but, neither do many songs I hear on the radio. I've been working to give Adessa lots of hugs and kisses, which she doesn't invite as much as Eliana, because, as we all know... it goes so fast

Oh- I forgot to post something that happened a few weeks ago: Adessa was crawling around in our car instead of getting into her seat, something that happens every once in a while. I was loading up Eliana and the rest of the car, and I heard her exclaim: "Mom! I found God!" Well! That was easy! I turned to see what she was talking about, and saw that she found an icon card of Jesus in the backseat. She held onto it for a while as we drove, and then later gave it back to me saying: "I'm all done with God." Oh dear.

One of the main reasons I'm enjoying the girls soooo much, besides having Calvin home lately in between shift changes, and being off of work...and eating less sugar and getting more sleep...and Eliana being older...and Adessa growing out of her fits somewhat... is... that I'm reading the very very very best book. It is life changing, and I highly recommend it for everyone, but especially parents. It makes changing yourself seem so very possible. It's called: "Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline", which makes it sound like you only need it if you have a difficult child. Which isn't true, it's good for all interactions with all people. I'm going to use it with my students as a teacher. It's by Becky A. Bailey, PhD, and... it's made such a difference in my dynamics with Adessa and our interactions. It works! I'm going to do a blog post about how God is using so many different things right now, helpful and grace-giving lessons converging in my heart for positive change. This book is one of those things. Yay!

Okay... the pictures!
Swimming lesson action shots. These look glamorous, but don't be fooled. While the girls are having fun and look wet, not very much actual swimming is happening. Which is fine, next year. (Or else!)


Adessa and Daddy on the move.

Eliana's goose-egg producing forehead incident. She tripped directly onto her head, no hands out. Ouch.


Bubbles!

Almost, baby girl!

This is what happens when I ask them to pose:

1 comment:

Arin Rollins said...

I just LOVE reading about your lives! The girls are sooooo cute! Can't wait to see the "after" pics of the remodel!