Sunday, September 25, 2011

Since I cannot sleep for the life of me...

...though I am unusually tired and heavy lidded, I will update this blog. The girls are doing great. Adessa just started Playschool again, and loves it. Eliana can't wait to get to go, and pushes her stroller filled with toys, snacks, trash (picture a homeless person's shopping cart, that's the look of it) to "Playschool", which is apparently in our bedroom in her wild imaginings. Since she always kisses me goodbye on her way around the house to and from Playschool, I happily put up with it. She's a delightful little human, charming and funny. Lately she kills us by singing with grandiose hand motions, using different volumes and voices for added dramatic effect. Eliana still lisps something fierce, and has just started stuttering almost alarmingly. She leaves off the first letter of words if the first sound is an "s" followed by a consonant. As in: "Daddy is hunting for kunks" (Which is something that happens around here). It makes for hilarity for me, probably just because I'm easily amused. Adessa goes to "kool", Eliana tells us to: "top it!" or if we wrestle I might "quash" her, or she might get "fweaty".
Both girls have gone through some significant periods of equilibrium and disequilibrium. I think the adjustment of summer ending was hard, but maybe that was just because I was stressed out more when I went back to work. Who knows about the dynamics. Adessa is becoming such a kid, it seems. She tells long involved stories (sometimes with a point) with inflection and appropriate expressions, we know when to look shocked or amazed. She loves to learn, especially about animals. We read in a book that Crocodiles can grow to 20 feet and stay under water for a whole hour, and she couldn't wait until Daddy got home so she could tell him. (Though I think she told him 20 inches, she hasn't got units of time or length or distance down.)

The reason I'm allowing myself this late night blogging session, is because I tried for an hour already to fall asleep and couldn't. And the reason I couldn't fall asleep was because I have tremendously horrid gas/heartburn/upper diaphragm pain. And, the reason for the pain and total and complete discomfort in my air-bubbly body is because I am eight weeks pregnant. Hooray! One more time. I can be exhausted and unable to sleep all at once, one more time. I can go through nausea and watching what I eat and getting a cumbersome belly and ever expanding vericose veins one more time. I can have a few more sleepless years (one more time) and breastfeed and have a super dependent little creature need me one more time. One more time is my new mantra. It is one baby, not twins--and God willing it will be born in late April/early May. Once more.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I could not be happier for you!! Hope all the sleepless nights end soon, can't wait to have another Lewis to play with!

Arin Rollins said...

Yay Yay Yay, Congratulations!!!!!! I have been a blog slacker and just now saw this or I would have commented much sooner! We are so excited for you!!! 3 is a perfect number! Fun, fun, fun! :o)