Pascha morning we got up early and went to breakfast and then West Cliff, all part of a plan to get the girls to nap earlier and be ready for the Pascha picnic. It worked!
Easter Baskets! The girls still haven't caught on to the fact that I've been recycling the Easter kitsch every year since Adessa's birth. Thanks to half off sales, I've added to it, so their bounty is getting a bit ridiculous.
Impromptu egg hunt at our house, trying to disperse the candy as much as possible to as many as possible.
The Pascha Picnic!
Thank you, Daddy, for BBQing for us!
The Easter Egg Hunt. Here's one!
Reach!
Hmm... here's another one!
Sweet sisters! Miss Katie and Miss Marylynn, the girls' Sunday School teachers were most attentive, and the girls loved it!
Checking out the loot with Elijah and Jayden. Adessa has become an excellent sharer when she wants to be. She got all kinds of candy and distributed it to all the kids or willing adults she could find. (Yay!) She still managed to come home with tons, but it's been great to see her share. She would whisper to me: "Jonah didn't get any of this kind of chocolate, so I'm going to give him some of mine. I don't need that much." I tried not to overdo my reaction and jinx anything--but inside I was dancing jigs!
Eliana hanging out with Auntie Lolo and her great friends.
Eating... more sweets. Nary a well balanced meal occurred on this most special day.
Christ is Risen! We had a lovely Lenten season, this year, making it to many more of the (many) services than years past. The girls did well in church, as long as we had steady supplies of Cheddar Bunnies, and stickers helped, too. The Pascha picnic was delightful, as the girls are at the age where they just roamed around and played with friends, aunts, uncles, godmothers, etc. They were pretty low maintenance as far as parenting goes, and it was a refreshing look at our distant future. They both cried when it was time to go, just too much fun.
Side not on Eliana: Eliana is doing some more development with her language, which I'm getting a total kick out of. Her vocabulary isn't changing as fast as it was, now it's her gestures and facial expressions that are getting worked over. She punctuates her stories with the appropriate sad, mad, or happy faces, and her chubby little arms wave around, shoulders shrug, hands on her hips sometimes to make her point. As I write this, it reminds me that she's been watching our expressions, too. The other day I was cutting an apple with my brow furrowed (my concentrating face, unfortunately for my forehead wrinkles), and she asked if I was mad at the apple. She's watching! Soaking it all up. Cute!
1 comment:
So cute! When Eliana was getting ready for bed on Easter she looked up from the book shelf, shrugged her shoulders and said " Maybe auntie Lolo wants to do a puzzle?" So stinken cute! Love the picture of Adessa sharing.... such beautiful girls!
L
Post a Comment