Thursday, August 16, 2012

Annea's Baptism

Annea was baptized at exactly three months old, on June 29th, along with Emmerson Grube and Teagan Machnee. She did a great job, mostly quiet except for some incredibly loud screeching, which surprised everyone and made people laugh. It's been so great to feel like our family is complete, with three kids, and now our family is Orthodox. We can get down to the business of raising our kids!

It took me a while to put up her pictures, in part because we have a lot going on, but also because I already felt like I put them somewhere. I put them on facebook. I used to remark how people didn't seem to think events happened unless they took a picture of them, and now nothing counts that happens unless you put the picture of it on facebook. Weird. I'm going to try, after these beautiful, well-documented girls are grown, to take less pictures and just be where I am without feeling freaked out in advance that I will forget something without having photographic proof of it.

Getting ready, held by her godmother, Aimee Newberry.

Pre-dunking.

The full-immersion baptism. My friend Bill V. once said that in Orthodoxy, we take things literally, and go for the gusto. He said Orthodox people shouldn't put a bumper sticker of a fish on their car to show they are Christian, they should drive around with a fish tank. I like that. No sprinkling for this baby, she is dunked!
Oh Yeah!

Not so happy, afterward, but it was also nap time. Here she is getting chrismated.
Zonked out as soon as they left her alone.
Her first eucharist.

With Aimee.

With her godparents, Aimee and Kevin.

Our family with Aimee and Kevin. Annea spotted the Pontecrator Icon in the church's dome. We have several of these pictures, and in all of them she's looking up.
Her cake. Yummy!
In the christening gown, made by my mom for my family when Adessa was baptized, that I LEFT AT HOME. After we got back from church I put her in it real quick to get a picture. Oh dear.

No comments: