Saturday, June 27, 2015

Adessa's Birthday

Adesssa, also, had a birthday. And in a fluke of some kind of reverse birth order favoritism, I almost didn't get the darn thing done. The first two I was into, excited about. By Adessa's tea party I was a bit party-burnt. Three birthday parties, which I tried to separate as much as possible (4/26 for a 4/29 birthday, 5/9 for a 5/5 birthday, and 6/20, for a 6/12 birthday) in the span of two months. Too much birthday. But we do celebrate Adessa and her eight years of making us parents and brightening our lives! Next year, hopefully without a party. For any of them! (Just kidding, sort of).

Eight! NOTE TO SELF: Don't do another 2-bundt squashed together eight cake. Too much. Or if you do, self, get started on the squiggles right away, DO NOT attempt to smooth out the frosting.








2 comments:

Lauren said...

Go you! I just don't do birthday parties, unless having grandparents over for dinner counts.

Anonymous said...

How the time has flown by!!! She really is a little lady. So smart and kind....so tall. I am amazed at how well she reads and how much she takes in- she gets it...one smart cookie. She is her mothers daughter!