
Now she's growing gang-busters. I guess I should stop writing stuff like that since she's only going to grow more and do more exciting things. But really, everyday there's something new. I can practically see the little cogs in her mind gearing up: hmmm, these chubby pink things on the end of my arms must be mine. They wiggle and wave around in front of me, I can suck on them, scratch at my crib, hold on to toys, pat my mom, and even yank her hair. She's begun lolling around on the ground, stretching for toys and learning how to maneuver herself. And lots more to look forward to!
Adessa and I went with a local mothers group to a pumpkin patch up the coast. The other babies were older, and they climbed all over the pumpkins and crawled all over the patch. Adessa simply reclined and posed for photos, a queen sprawled against her squashy throne. Adorable. The holidays are going to be so much more fun with a kid around.
I had another difficult day of Adessa coming with me to school. She's getting to the age where she is noticing everything and easily overstimulated, which made it really hard for her to fall asleep. Which made her very fussy. Which made me sad. Especially because three days of childcare with three different people (the grandmas can only do one day each) doesn't seem like a stable, consistant care situation that I would like. So we'll see.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday to you! I'm glad you're having fun with your little girl. Sorry that bringing her to work isn't 'working' right now. On the bright side, she'll get to know and love both of her grandmothers.
The slipping baby pic brings back memories! "Must...have...this...photo-op!"
Barbara
Hi Keidi,
It's wonderful to hear you are part of a Moms group! I hope you had a great time at the pumpkin patch. Adessa looks adorable!
Love,
Sarah
Post a Comment