Thursday, October 11, 2007

New Tricks






Did you blink? Now she's four months old!
Adessa is wriggling and squiggling all over the place. She's rolled over both from front to back and from back to front, (on accident, but it still counts) and has become hard to change at diaper time. She used to fall right asleep when she was tired, but now she wants to see and touch everything around her. Sheets, crib-sides, her pacifier are all interesting enough to distract her. She has found her fists and is interested in toys. She's trying hard to make trumpeting noises, and knows I like encouraging her in this endeavor, so when she catches my eye she'll start pursing her lips and trying. Many happy spit bubbles later, we laugh and cheer. Very endearing. She's delightful!!

I am adjusting to the working mom thing! It's going to be fine! Adessa has people who love her taking care of her every minute of every day. And I am okay with it. I do relish my days off with her, though, 60% of a real job was a good idea.

No comments: