Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sneaky Teeth

Err, uh, help?

Sand! (She loves those park tubey things.)

Just playing. (On those hot days, this was her nighttime apparel, and it was soooo cute!)

And from the back...


So there I am, going about my business, thinking I'm a great mom. I'm making Adessa belly laugh (it's easy!), feeding her nutritious meals (do hot-dogs count?), reading smart-making-baby-books to her, and then... right under my nose... she sprouted a new tooth. And it's pretty well established, I think it might have been around for a few days before I noticied it. She now has FIVE teeth, and a few more on the way, bulging out of her little gums. These teeth will be very welcomed and well observed on their way out into the mouth of Miss Adessa Faye!

Her latest cuteness, besides upper teeth which make her look very grown up, was witnessed by Calvin the other night. She was looking at one of her favorite books, "Hush Litte Baby, Don't You Cry",(Thank's for the book, Matessa's!) an illustrated account of the song by the same name. In our version, the crying baby is prominently featured on every page. We read this book all the time, she gets especially excited about the mockingbird and dog named Rover. As Adessa looked through it by herself, she popped out her pacifier and tried to put it into the crying baby's open mouth. Very sweet! It's sharing, right?

I have to take a moment to write about the fires. "The Summit Fire" as it's officially called. I can see haze to the northeast, but what's been keeping them fresh on my mind all day is the countless (almost constant) airplanes and helicopters flying overhead. You also hear lots of sirens, but not as often. And then there's the wind. Calvin's regular duties were suspended today so he could go and help with road closures. He's not in any danger, just dealing with frustrated people and may be doing similar work for the next few days. Wow. Lord, have mercy!

No comments: