Sunday, April 12, 2009

Catch Up

Happy Easter to Most, by the way! I'm catching up because I woke up early and Adessa is snoozing and... 'nuff said- Here's what's been going on. (And in case you're wondering, Orthodox Easter, "Pascha", is next weekend. We wait for after the Jewish Passover. Stay tuned for that one.)


Posing by our blooming wysteria.


Puddle stomping in the woods with BFF Gwennie. Such joy! Such a mess!


Kristine's Adoption was Friday! We all got to witness her official adoption into our family: I have a brand new baby sister, who's about to graduate 8). My mom made cute buttons that said, "It's a girl!"


Adessa was prepared to be a star witness.


Hunting Eggs at Easter Egg Hunt #2 on Saturday, Coastlands Church. Her sugar-load (and mine) was adversly affected by the fact that after she put about four eggs into her basket she stumbled upon an opened one. She was quick to dispatch it's candy contents, but not before all of the other eggs were scooped up by toddlers. She was none the wiser!


Very cool Easter community outreach by the church. People worked like mad to help us park, push the stroller for me, help us find what we needed, and have so much well organized fun. Impressive and awesome.


The Petting Zoo. I told Adessa to sit down, that then the people working the zoo would put the animals on her lap. She plopped down on the sopping wet grass, of course. After getting her situated on the little buckets that were seats, she then though she couldn't move off. Luckily, many animals happened by, so she could lean out and try to touch them, and the zoo-people were so helpful, she got to hold a chicken, bunny, and made an attempt at a baby goat.

Come....just ... a... little... bit...closer, ...please ...bunny!


Ahhhhhhhh...sweet bunny.


Sweet chicken, too!


** If you look closely, you can see that Adessa is on to her third cast on her left arm. Her waterproof wonder-cast cut into her thumb, a fact I only discovered after causing her much pain while wiping her hand off. She hadn't complained about the cut, the infection, or the swelling and I noticed it only when it had gotten pretty bad. I felt terrible. I also felt like I should be giving her daily physicals in case there was anything else wrong that I wasn't picking up on by her behavior. Yikes! So now she has a nice litte well fitting splint, and her thumb wound is healing nicely. Yay!

3 comments:

Arin Rollins said...

Wow, what fun! She is looking very grown up these days! Where did your baby go? :0) She's not afraid of much, is she? I don't think Anson would hold a chicken - he's weird about beaks!

Anonymous said...

Keidi my friend!

I'm loving the pictures of your family. I miss Calvin's grandparents so much. Every time I had a new baby they visited me the hospital. Grandpa Ralph was usually the first to hold the baby after my husband!

Have you figured out a name for the new little one? If you come to my ESL class, there are some beautiful Latina and Chinese names to choose from!

Love you,
Barbara Burke

mamalion said...

Ok, no, I lied, I hadn't seen this one. Who exactly is that big hulking person next to your petite little blonde? Holy smokes, that's my baby!
Very cool post - Adessa's very cute with little fuzzy things!