Sunday, August 9, 2009

Girl Stuff

Today I see the problem with not knowing who in the world reads this blog. Because, I really think it may just be my mom and Arin, Sarah, Amy, Barbara, and Kim. All of whom I feel comfortable telling the following: I started my period! Menstruating! Aunt Flow got her months wrong. The baby is just three months old, and already my body is prepared to bring forth more life. And give me additional raucous mood swings. Or something. This is, in a word, infuriating.
*The rest of the post is going to be on the same subject, so the weak of heart should wait until we're back to our regular programing of a cute toddler and her antics and a very small, (only three months old for pete's sake!) baby.

Yes, infuriating. There is a reason that God gives most exclusively breastfeeding women a break from their monthlies for a GOOD LONG WHILE. Partly its for birth control and spacing between kids, and to give mamas a chance to recuperate and heal from the havoc of birth. And partly because how on earth is a woman supposed to take care of herself, with time constraints related to periods, and at the same time take care of babies? It's like now there are three of us in diapers. COME ONNNN! Its a lot to keep track of: who ate what when? who slept for how long? why is this one cranky? and where's the nearest bathroom? End rant.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I read it. I love reading stuff like this, although I wish you had had more time. Are you sure this is "the return" and not just a body trick?

Amanda said...

You are just making me depressed Keidi!! Tell me this is not normal! I think a diaper will work as a pad and a pad as a diaper in worst case scenerios..... so at least you are always covered...

Arin Rollins said...

Sorry Keidi!! That's just not fair!