Sunday, August 30, 2009

Summer's End

Back to school. Summer, and it's long days and unscheduled busy-ness are over. Week one went well. Calvin had fun watching the kids. He felt that he got to know Eliana better, having her for 8 hours straight, and is a terrific Mr. Mom. I got right back to it at the homeschool. My contract this year is three days a week and all of my assignment is with the homeschool--no juggling the high school schedule--which is so fabulous. My job will be much more focused and flexible, as I've almost only homeschool stuff to worry about.

Adessa has gone from saying: "Wanna talk." at bedtime, which meant that she wanted me to talk about the day, to: "I just want to talk about it, Mom." (seriously, complete sentences this month.) and then she talks all about the day. Pretty fun. She only wants to wear "beautiful gowns", which means her shorts, skirts, and pants are all lying neglected in her drawers, and her play dresses (which all her dresses are becoming) are getting lots of wear. She sings and dances and mimics gestures, and is fun to watch. She can do many bits and songs from her favorite movies (watched exclusively from musical selection to musical selection) which are Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Cinder Elmo, and Enchanted.


The girls day dreaming. (Or wondering when the photo opportunity was going to end.)


Adessa's first (responsive) phone conversation with Daddy.



This one kills me. Super earnest finger sucking, while clasping (random) blanket oh-so tightly.


Escaping the heat wave (don't get me started on how hot it's been.) Eliana liked the water, darling in what can most aptly be described as a "swimming costume".


(Not really) Chillin' in da crib.


Eliana talking.

1 comment:

Arin Rollins said...

I love the videos!!! I can't believe how well Adessa talks now! And Eliana's baby talk is so sweet! Thanks for sharing!