Sunday, December 6, 2009

Jingle Bells

We tried to get a fall picture with our tree, based soley on my determination to have a seasonal picture every year with the fall colors and our little tree. We waited too long, I think, and when all were awake and semi-cheerful, it was too bright. But we got a picture! Good thing, too, that afternoon it rained and the tree lost all its leaves.


This is Adessa playing with her cousins at Aunt Deborah's a few days after Thanksgiving. What fun to watch her be a part of the kid action, albeit a little behind the older kids.


I was so excited for Thanksgiving to be over so I could get the Christmas decorations up. I think the girls aren't sharing my enthusiasm in this pic. Thanks for the great stockings, Mom!



Going on a weekday, we had the whole Christmas Tree Farm to ourselves. Which meant we had to use our self-timer to get this shot. I then posed the girls to best display their cute Christmas clothes, with Adessa holding up a standing Eliana by the armpits. They were adorable, laughing and happy, but the self-timer was still on. So the seconds ticked by, and I didn't want to rescue the teetering Eliana in case the picture was going to take at the last moment. Well...


...she fell, face first, thud, into the mud. We didn't get the picture, and her cute clothes, head, and hands got muddy. Poor babe.


Here she is happy, though, at Grandma and Grandpa Lewis's, getting some support from Carson while she plays.


Adessa shows off the BEAR sausage she's sampling. A student brought it to our class Thanksgiving feast. Adessa made no mention of it tasting like chicken.


Hello!? I just love this one.


Adessa and her first celebrity crush. She tells almost everyone she meets (who have no idea what she's talking about) what Lightning McQueen says: "Ketchow". *A note about her eyebrow: she tripped on her towel after a bath into an open dresser drawer. Luckily Grandma Edna brought her nurse's bag over and put on a butterfly bandaid.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

glad to know what Adessa was saying to me at church! ketchow!!! we have almost every disney cartoon if you wanna borrow some more. love their smiles keidi!!!

Sarah Burkett said...

Great family photo!!!
Ben loves Lightning McQueen...it's his first disney crush too!

mamalion said...

Ok, I thought the dog picture was going to damage me with the overshelming cuteness of Eliana - but then I got to the Hello! picture. Am hyperventilating now.