Friday, April 30, 2010

A Quick One, just the basics.

Eliana has four teeth, now.

Adessa asked me the other day: "Who glued our house together?" all matter of fact.

Calvin goes back to work tomorrow after almost 6 weeks of vacation. I told him 5 weeks into it that I don't know what all my stress and dysfunction about having two kids was about. I told him maybe it just takes 11 months of two kids for people to adjust. I told him that I was relaxed and really able to enjoy the girls and that I've arrived, I've made it to calm and peace in my mothering. I told him I was ready to start thinking about having another kid. I then told all this to my friend, Kim, who said: "Woah there, Keidi! Calvin's been on vacation." Duh. Of course I'm relaxed and wonderful at mothering. I have almost full time help in the form of my girls' favorite person. Thanks, Kim, you're right. Maybe we'll stick to the plan of another kid LATER.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Other than the 6 weeks part, I could have written that almost word for word.

Arin Rollins said...

You could do 3 Keidi! You are an awesome Mom! But it sure is nice to have Daddy's help, isn't it? :o) I think I would have more if I were guaranteed that they wouldn't go throught he "Two's" stage!

mamalion said...

You left out the part where I am in the midst of new-babyness, gaga-eyed but rarely-showered, and yelling at the older kid all too often. I have such sweet little girls- and at elast one of them is too loud or too smelly or too hungry at any given time.
OTOH, even *I* would consider a third if both of us could be fulltime parents! Here's to 5 week vacations for all of us!