...and mama gets nothing done. Well, that was the first Monday I took her, September 17th. I think I made a few copies, returned a phone call and made references to the work I wasn't getting done. Discouraged, I went home and called Grandma Beck who rescued me the rest of my working days that week. This week I tried again to bring her with me on Monday (the 24th) and it went much better. I attribute the improvement to the fact that I brought a swing for her. That, and the fact that I did most of the work I needed to do over the weekend so everything was ready to go when I got there. It looks like the three days of my work week will be broken up into: one day with me, one day with the Lewis grandparents, and one day with the Beck grandparents. I am so lucky to have them close by and willing to help.
Working certainly makes me appreciate Adessa-- I hate to leave her in the mornings, and I love to squeeze her when I get home. I also realize why stay-at-home-momming is such a good idea: no breast-pump, no interrupted nap times, no added other thing I should be doing. Maybe someday I'll be able to stay home--but until then, this set-up should work out fine.
Adessa is doing great. She's had her first cold, which is hard to watch. She has begun talking up a storm and bringing everything she can grasp into her mouth. It seems she makes changes daily. Sweet is the adjective that still comes bubbling up to describe her. She'll interrupt herself while nursing to smile up at me. She'll talk and coo to herself for a bit, and then get louder until I look at her. Then she'll smile. Sweet!
Santa Cruz Beach
17 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment