

This week Adessa turned three months old. What a lovely time we're having, too, as the pictures will show. She is adorable and sweet like always, with bonuses of interaction and development that are so incredibly amazing to watch and be a part of. She can be coaxed into a smile almost anytime now, sometimes in the middle of a crying jag at her tiredest. She holds her head up strong, doesn't mind "tummy time" too much, and has started slobbering on anything that finds its way into her mouth, sometimes her hand, sometimes her shirt. The biggest adjustment for me has been that most of my functioning brain is now devoted to baby details, leaving the meager remainder of my cerebral power to deal with whatever it was that used to occupy me full-time.
Tomorrow is her first day of school, or at least of coming to school with me. The first three weeks I was back at work, Calvin took vacation days to watch her so I could get everything going. Thank goodness he did, too. I set up my homeschoolers and English Language Development class, and am ready to have a baby accompany me through my days. Am I ready? This has actually caused a bit of anxiety. I am fearful I won't do either thing well, teaching or mothering, with Adessa at school with me. We'll see. Both grandmas have made themselves available to help out and will watch her when I'm actually teaching, which is great. And I have to keep reminding myself that I'm only working three days a week. I'll keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment