Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm 3/4 today!


She finally has enough hair for bed-head!

Adessa is nine months today, an amazing thing to consider on so many levels. We've gotten to hold her and love her and see her grow for nine months. We've gotten to experience parenthood for nine months. We've washed tiny baby clothes with our laundry for nine months, prepared mushy meals for the last few months, and included Adessa in all of our plans for the last nine months. Most impressive to me is that I haven't slept through the night in nine whole months!!! That is a long, long, long time. And I can still formulate complete sentences! (Sometimes.)

I know every parent thinks their kid is precocious, but Adessa really seems to have a flair for language. She has been saying "Hi" and "Bye", with a wave, at the right time, un-prompted, for the last week. She could say it with prompting before that. That's pretty good! Yesterday she was being watched by Grandma and Grandpa Lewis, who have a cocker spaniel named Sunny. When she's at their house, she watches Sunny all day long. (When she's at my parents, she watches Elijah all day long.) So she came home with a new sound: she sticks her tounge out and pants like Sunny. Coincidence??? I think not. She also makes barking sounds, "Raa raa," when she sees her stuffed dogs. (Her dogs are barking, apparently.) She's amazing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keidi!!!!! Wow! I just found your blog address in a drawer (Spring cleaning!) and I am so excited to see pictures of your family. I love you all!

Barbara Burke