Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Snow!

Adessa's first time in the snow--not so happy about it. (Please note the mini-Ug boots, we're thankful for all the hip hand-me-downs.)

With Daddy and the truck, who is sometimes like part of our family.

Basking bare on the bear skin rug back at the cabin.


Though both Adessa and Calvin were getting over colds, we decided to spend part of my spring break up in the snow. That means Tahoe, around here, and we had a great time. Judith and Stewart and Elizabeth Peterson met us up there, and I got to snowboard for the first time in YEARS while Calvin and Adessa recuperated. (A word for the curious- snowboarding after years is like riding a bike- I could still ride. I am now most preposterously sore.)

It was hard to watch Adessa feel sick, she just wanted to be held and whimpered for a few days. Sad! She is feeling better now, just a remnant cough, and is into everything and moving around more like her normal self. Having a good imagination is a blessing, I'm sure, but mine serves to make me crazy as soon as anything is slightly amiss. Adessa had her first real, sustained fever, and my overactive imagination had us throwing her into a cold bath to lower her temperature, riding to the hospital in the whirl of ambulance lights, crying by her tiny bedside, etc. etc. I've got to get a handle on it. We're in God's hands, baby girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Keidi!
You are indeed famous, I read your quote in the paper today and googled you, and arrived here! Belated congratulations on your gorgeous girl! Life is good! And I agree with you on the vaccine thing.

Amanda

amandajacksonmiller@yahoo.com