Monday, May 18, 2009

We're Okay! and a giveaway!

It is with relief and a bit of surprise that I feel, well, yes... we're doing okay! Two kids hasn't gotten the best of us (yet?). We're sleeping, albeit not a lot, we're not too grouchy, we're eating well (thank you church people and friends, it is so appreciated), we have time together as a family because we're off of work... Yay! Okay! We're going to make it! Yes, we do a lot of diaper changing, and Eliana does a lot of breastfeeding, and Adessa does some significant fussing (mostly in the morning, there's something about breakfast that sets her off... any insights?)but it's manageable and pleasant and we are having a good time.

Eliana is two weeks old tomorrow. We had a doctor's appointment today and she has gained a pound in her short life, she's now 8 lbs 9 oz, yay! She tries to hold her head up (but bonks) and follows us with her eyes when she's awake, and squawks to be fed, and is very soft and sweet and neck-less and kissable. I keep remembering the phenomenon of falling in love with Adessa as she grew and thinking: "There's so much more love to fall into with Eliana." We barely know this baby! How exciting, she's going to unfold right before our very eyes. We get to be in the box seats to witness her life. Exciting.

Adessa is still doing really well (except for about an hour in the morning. We think it's having too many choices for breakfast, and will experiment with not offering choices, just plopping something breakfasty in front of her. As it is now, there is inevitably something small and seemingly insignificant that will set her off and she will "cry-sad" for 10-20 minutes, unsoothable.) Besides the breakfast disgruntledness, she is so excited to see, kiss, hold, rock, sing to, and show off baby Eliana.

And now for the giveaway part! My friend Arin in Atlanta has started a new sewing blog, where she gives tips and shows cool projects. If you go to her site and leave a comment, you are entered to WIN! Something FREE!! I think that's the coolest thing ever, and am wracking my brains to try to think of something I could give away on my blog. Cookies? Hmmm. I'll work on it. Here's the link to Arin's site:
http://www.easysewingtips.com/2009/05/easy-sewing-tips-first-give-away/

1 comment:

Arin Rollins said...

I'm so glad you're OK! It sounds like you all are adapting well to being a fam of four! I'm sure Adessa's fussiness has something to do with adjusting and will pass soon :o) Thanks for the PR for my new blog! I hope you win!!