Sunday, September 2, 2012

Adessa's First Day of Kindergarten


First day of school. All ready to go, but first, a photo shoot. Is this why we were late?

Sitting down on the last square inch of rug as we rushed her into the classroom. It took the whole week to figure out what was going on with kid drop offs and pick ups. I didn't expect such a huge learning curve for us, just about logistics.

All tuckered out after class, lined up with the kids to go home.

Adessa loves kindergarten. The first day she declared as we picked her up: "I learned how to read today." Well! That was easy! She has been so excited to go, to carry her backpack and eat her snack and learn, which is marvelous to watch. I haven't shed any tears about kindergarten, but it does seem like an awfully big deal, the beginning of her school experience. Linked to kindergarten are all the other grades, by the end of which she will be all grown up (potentially, I've been reading articles about "adult-esence"). But we're going to go one day at a time, here, and enjoy the little things, like snack time and first backpacks and new friends.

No comments: