Sunday, September 30, 2012

Five Months of Annea

Annea rhymes with Isaiah. I think that's how I'm going to try to help people remember her name. My uncle can't remember it, and can't remember how to remember it, and the last time he visited he told me that it isn't too late to change her name to something easier. Funny uncle!

Annea herself is soooo sweet and easy and wonderful and cute. She has been quiet and adaptable and easygoing now that I've been spending every spare moment down at my parents' house. She is a dream, and I'm enjoying her immeasurably. Laurel calls her "Therapy" and soaks her up, appreciates the tiny-joy-bundle that Annea is.

It feels okay, this family of five, these three girls. We are a good fit, we are going to figure this life out together, and I am happy. It is what I always wanted. We are taking some hits this year, some big 'ole losses, of Calvin's mom and my mom. That's rattled us, but I feel that we are strong, we are committed to making it through as best as we can muddle. The girls don't know what to do with my tears, they run to me like it's an emergency and hug my legs. (I guess, actually, they do know what to do when I cry. Thanks, girls!) I keep thinking: "As long my girls are okay, as long as Calvin is safe, I can go on." but God doesn't promise things like that; there is no quota that you fill of loss and then are guaranteed a break. And if the worst happened, I would go on. I've been wrestling with that a bit, and my fears. I've been reading a most wonderful book called 1,000 Gifts, I highly, highly recommend it. It takes you through loss, to gratefulness, and then looks at how a good God could allow bad things to happen. Basically the conclusion is that "All is Grace", it's all here for us to learn and grow and journey toward God, become more Christlike. Which is so comforting and amazing to think about, it all starts with gratitude, and giving Glory to God in all things.

Back to Annea- It's soooo easy to be thankful for her. She's the exactly right amount of chubby soft drooly babyness that I adore, just like my other girls were minus the drool. I was worried that she was behind in some developmental milestones, like using her hands, but she has caught up. She delights us as she learns about her hands, waving them in front of her face with an astounded look on her face like she's thinking: "Are these things mine!? Attached to me!?". She slings her hands around on the end of her arms to try to touch or grab at things, slobbers all over her hands, and now picks up and holds toys. Yay! And she rolled over! From back to front, just when I was starting to worry. I haven't kept very good track of when she should be doing what, but I was pretty sure she was a little slow with a few things. I am reassured that she will be fine, she's just so busy being sweet and easy that some milestones might come later. And that is fine! Happy Five Months, Annea!

Annea with my mom about two weeks ago. My mom hadn't held her for about a month before this photo was taken, but reached for her, held her up in the air, even.

While hanging out at my parents, I propped her up on the couch and ran to do something. Laurel rescued her from the couch cushions, but only after taking this picture, first. We win mom- and aunt- of-the-year awards, I'm sure.

Tummy time! She's getting stronger and playing longer on her tummy.

She's still a hot item to hold around here.

Adessa discovered a new use for Annea, hatrack.


My girls.

Thank you, Lord Jesus! I am so grateful.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that the couch picture made it! Love you five!